This project was to turn an unused cupboard area in the roof space adjoining an upstairs bedroom, into a ensuite WC and washroom.
The roof space, previously used for storage. The existing wall surfaces were a combination of hardboard and polystyrene insulation, all held together with packing tape. Ugh!
1. Studwork for a partition wall was built, to create stoarge space with large doors, alongside the soon-to-be en suite washroom.
2. The walls were cleaned up and dry-lined.
3. Plumbing for basin and WC. The water supply was brought up from the utility room below.
4. The floorboards were repaired/replaced as necessary, and the floor overboarded in hardboard. Toilet and washbasin installed and plumbed-in.
5. Cupboard doors were made and installed, offering easy access to the storage space that was partitioned off.
The customer painted and wallpapered the new room herself (and did a great job of it!), and had vinyl flooring laid. Then, I returned to fit mirrors, towel rail, and shelving. This is the finished result (click photos to enlarge):-